Origins Online (ELC)
Basic non-animated banner for Alkaline Greens

Monday, November 17, 2008

Chocolate Covered Cherry Treat!

I have blogged in the past about Herbalife and how I love to experiment with creating shakes. I love the idea of meal replacement shakes, but need variety and interesting flavors to keep me on that routine. I have received some emails from people asking me if these shakes are really "all that". Yes, they are "ALL THAT"! I know, I know...I hear you...there are shakes out there that taste like lousy, lumpy, sawdust-y concoctions. Nope. Not my Herbalife shakes!

In fact, after scouring the pantry for ONE LOUSY PIECE OF HALLOWEEN CANDY this weekend, I was struck by an idea for a healthier way to soothe my sweet tooth! I simply got some Herbalife Nutritional Shake Mix out of my pantry and pulled out one of my favorite fruits from my freezer. Here is my recipe for a Chocolate Covered Cherry shake:


8 oz of Rice Milk (you can use milk, skim milk, soy milk, etc.)
2 heaping tablespoons of Dutch Chocolate Herbalife Nutritional Shake Mix
8 Frozen Pitted Cherries. I got these at Ralph's in the freezer section, and they are called "Private Selection Dark Sweet Pitted Cherries"
6-8 ice cubes


I put all of that in my handy blender, blended until smooth...and when that nectar, yes NECTAR, hit my lips I knew I had a new favorite shake! It is like drinking a chocolate covered cherry! And, far fewer calories and fat had I found that elusive candy!!!


Would you like to try Herbalife? Just send me your name and email in the registration box at the top right of my blog, and I can send you information about Herbalife, how it can positively impact your health, wellness and weight loss/weight management goals and even send you some of my secret shake recipes!!

p.s. I am a huge fan of frozen fruit as it makes for a very refreshing treat. My kids even love frozen fruit. One of our favorites is freezing grapes. They are like litten frozen sweet nuggets!

No comments: