Origins Online (ELC)
Basic non-animated banner for Alkaline Greens

Monday, February 11, 2008

Walking and more walking!

Last week I definitely hit my stride (forgive the pun) with my Couch to 5K program!

The goal for Week 2 was to walk a minimum of 60 minutes...I walked 405 minutes!

Two things that keep me going: Walking to get my son from school. He loves to scooter home, and with the recent GORGEOUS weather here in So Cal, it has truly been a pleasure to do so! The walk to and back from his school is about 45 minutes total, but I want to start to add another leg to it to bring it up to 60 minutes.

This weekend, we did the roundtrip walk to Fisherman's on the pier in San Clemente. That is a beautiful walk, down a path (under construction and "closed" yet we ran into countless people walking, jogging and biking down it all weekend long!) to eat lunch. I somehow have talked myself into figuring that if I do that walk, it justifies a healthy lunch! On Saturday, I had the Crab Cake appetizer as my meal, on Sunday I had Fish Tacos (soft tacos, grilled fish). So...I think I probably did break even!!!

I am excited to continue to build my minutes week to week, and be 5K ready by the end of this summer!

No comments: