Origins Online (ELC)
Basic non-animated banner for Alkaline Greens

Monday, January 14, 2008

Grouchy...

Arg...I am super grouchy today. I think that it had to do with quittin' Diet Coke COLD TURKEY. I have been drinking Diet Cokes since...college, I suppose. Diet Coke is what I wake up with, even BEFORE my cup or two of coffee! And, a Diet Coke or two while I work and create jewelry (such an inspiration!), one maybe with lunch...one while the kids do homework...and at least one more with dinner. For years...


And, I love all of the Diet Cokes, even before they had the citrus versions, I would squeeze Lime or Lemon in them. Cherry Diet Coke...yummy. And, Diet Dr. Pepper is a another favorite. Did the Pepsi Challenge, always preferred Coke. For all of those Coke or Diet Coke haters out there, I went toe to toe with you to proclaim the wonderfulness of Coke products!

Those days are over. I need to do this to focus on my weight loss plan, and to truly focus on my health and wellness. Yes, I get the whole moderation thing, and I could just have like one a day, or two as a special treat. But, I clearly cannot get the moderation message when it comes to my addiction to Diet Coke.

I will miss that bubbly delight...I will miss the caffeine comfort...I just have to stay strong, be a grouch for a day or two (I apologize now to friends and family!) and with this willpower I will have made an important long term impact on my health.

1 comment:

Angelia said...

I am in a similar process right now. Cutting out sugar, because of health and weight problems. I did not think I could do it, but it has bee about three weeks and it is easier now.
A